Dimensional Eye is offering a revolution in Optical 3D Measurement: VLS™ (Video Laser Scan). VLS™ is the result of Joint Development between Dimensional Eye and BP America. VLS™ was developed to overcome specific measurement challenges in the Subsea Environment and has proven to be an extremely versatile and highly accurate 3D Metrology Tool in multiple industries.
VLS™ is a unique combination of Photogrammetry and Laser Techniques which provides the Advantages of both technologies without the disadvantages.VLS™ Provides High Definition Visual Inspection, As-Built 3D CAD Modeling, 3D High Density Mapping of Deformations and Anomalies (for example: cracks, dents, bulges).
VLS™ is a high accuracy Metrology Tool linked to NIST (National Industry of Standards and Technology) that provides High Redundancy through volume of data collected (1000’s of stills can be captured from HD video in seconds rather than individual photos taken manually at each location). VLS™ provides Reliable Accuracy Estimates (thanks to advanced processing and self-calibration algorithms developed by Dimensional Eye after years of industry experience in multiple measurement environments and scenarios).
VLS™ is deployed by ROV for subsea applications and by drone for applications in air.
VLS™ Key Benefits
- High Definition Visual Inspection Tool
- High Accuracy Metrology Tool
- Efficient Data Collection
- No Stability Requirement
- No Targets Required
- High Data Redundancy
- Reliable Accuracy Estimates Linked to NIST
- As-Built 3D Modeling
- 3D High Density Mapping of Deformations and Anomalies (Cracks, Dents, Bulges, Corrosion)
VLS (Video Laser Scan)
Offshore/Underwater Measurement Applications
VLS™ (Video Laser Scan) is deployed by ROV to gather the data used to create high accuracy 3D measurements and models. VLS™ in the underwater environment provides an efficient, non-contact data collection tool.
If you can fly it, we can model it… The ROV simply flies by the structure in order to gather the data required for modeling.
The VLS is designed to work with most ROV systems, contact us for more information on how we can put VLS™ to work on your measurement and modeling challenges.
- Flex Joint Inspections
- Mooring Chain Measurements
- Damage Inspections
- Jumper Hub Alignment / Spool Hub Measurements
- Valve Inspection and Modeling
- Seachest Modeling
- Hull/Thruster Inspections in Water
- As-Built CAD / Reverse Engineering
(Video Laser Scan) Deployed by Drone
VLS™ Air is deployed by small drone to gather the data used to create high accuracy 3D measurements and models.VLS Air provides an efficient, non-contact data collection tool.
If you can fly it, we can model it… The drone simply flies by the structure in order to gather the data required for modeling.
The VLS™ is designed to work with small Drone systems to large radio controlled helicopters. Contact us for more information on how we can put VLS to work on your measurement and modeling challenges.
- Fatigue, Deviation, Alignment Inspection
- Tempered Surfaces (Welding, Cracks, Deformation)
- Ergonomics: Vision, Reach with Constraints
- Clearance, Clash Analysis
- Facility Digitization: Repurposed, Expansion
Enable Forward Engineering from Meshed 3D
- Standard Output Formats
- Support Class A and B Surface Reconstruction
- Support Modeled and Cast Product Design
- Support Composite Design
- Support FEA and Non Linear Analysis
- Support Rapid Prototyping / Tooling or Manufacturing